Saturday, August 13, 2016

Poem #6: The Ocean


The ocean has a part of me it’s true,
A piece of pure wild dancing gracelessly,
Within my soul it comes and goes sometimes,
And when it goes I know where it has gone,
Back to the sea, the place where it belongs.

The ocean has a piece of me indeed,
It’s gentle waves stir gentleness in me,
It breathes contentment, calm and peace of mind,
And tells me that my answers are inside.
I look within and then I sweetly know
I’ve found my missing piece beside the shore.

The ocean is a trusted friend of mine,
For though she may seem inconstant to some,
The balance she strikes between calm and wild,

Is a wonderful thing to emulate

2 comments:

  1. How I love the ocean and this says what is in my heart....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a most wonderful poem! It helps us relate to how much depth and expanse we all really have. Thank you! (Leah Stadel)

    ReplyDelete