Saturday, August 13, 2016

Poem #1 New Day

The earth is quiet as I wake
She holds all her songs upon her tongue
She’s waited through the long cold night
To watch the silent dawn.

A new day comes with gentle calm
No grand announcement marks her birth
But all below immersed in light
Baptized in the newness of a rising sun.
My soul in awe tiptoes before
The way the dawn makes all look strange
And fresh
and brilliant
and full of magic scattered through
the day.

My soul has been re- born again
Splashed clean in the earliest rays of day.
I’m glad I woke. I’m glad I paused.
To watch the silent dawn.
#poetrymarathon2016

2 comments:

  1. I should read this every morning.....I would remember....and my day would always be wonderful......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hang this in my house where I practice yoga. This is beautiful and reminds me of the calm, tranquil feeling I have during my practice. It is the peaceful place between the past and the future, it reminds me to be in the present.

    ReplyDelete