Thursday, February 2, 2017

More Old Writings

     
Hey again. I just found this little thing in my post drafts. Another old writing of mine, which I never posted, probably because I thought it was cliche and annoying. But I'm trying to love all my phases of creation, so I decided to post it today. Hopefully you enjoy :)
               
  I want to visit lands unexplored and green, full of the magical scent of possibility. I want to wander through forests full of little hollows and hills, where you might spot something otherworldly at any second. I want new sights, sounds, smells, and tastes. I want to experience the world through the eyes of a wondering, innocent child, who has everything to learn and nothing to lose. I want to love til my heart has nothing left to give, and then find my strength in a heart of equal strength. I want to go to cities where people buy strange fruits and make spicy traditions around cozy tables. I want to transfer my soul into neat black letters on a white sheet of paper, so people can read them and fill their hearts with fire, and their stomachs with butterflies and their mind with blossoms of poetry. I want a love of life that is contagious and breathtaking. I learned that the word 'fernweh' means "a craving for travel, a homesickness for places you've never been." I guess that's me, and it's an awful ailment.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment