Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 6: Far Too Easily


 I've got a lonely heart
 that's bound to fall in love far too easily.
 Catching at the good in people like a prism catches rainbows from the light,
 and holding it tight as the world keeps turning.

 I've got an honest soul
 that doesn't understand the complexities and facades others use to hide
 and simply wants to knit itself with, and truly know another soul
 inside and out.

 I've got a dreamy mind
 that romanticizes situations
 seeing them with a golden pink skyline above when their reality is a bland horizon,
 imagining love like a pearl too deep in the ocean to find.

 But love is messy and sometimes hurtful,
 awkwardly beautiful in it's ugly and tenderly sweet in it's bitter.
 Love is a paradox of human experience,
 and some give up, saying the puzzle is too hard to put together.

 Not me. I've got a persistent spirit, determined to wait for a
 heart
         soul
                mind as loving and honest and dreamy and star dotted as mine
                          and when I do, then we'll figure out the puzzle together.
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment