Tuesday, July 14, 2015

It Rhymes!!!

I have never been the best with rhymes. At times I try to write a poem in rhymed verse, but it never turns out the way I want it to. Sometimes, rhyme and rhythm can seem so...confining. Like I can't express my thoughts properly or correctly with these boundaries and restrictions that I have to adhere to. But for some time I've felt that a rhymed poem is just a necessary part of my experiments with great writing.
But last night after watching a lovely sunset, inspiration came and I jotted down this little poem....and it rhymes! It's really short and simple and not really that good but it rhymes!!! So just let me be proud of myself:)

                                         the day's sunlight was nearing death,
                                        but before it drew it's final breath,
                                        one last gift it gave to me,
                                        I opened up my eyes to see,
                                        a golden kiss on pearly clouds,
                                        that laughed in the face of a funeral shroud.

Anyway, that's all.....what should I call my first ever sort of successful rhyme?




1 comment: